Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Bodkins' Bar

Of course I'm writing about it, haha.
Yeah, this week's been buzzing with activity, I'm kind of glad I didn't go to Eirtakon (Even if I did, sadly, miss a birthday party). I arrived home on Monday at about half eleven or so, trudging through the dark, after making stencils with three beautiful people.

Then on the Tuesday, it was up bright and early, waiting to get to work on Bodkins Bar.


Bodkins has been open for over twenty years and has gone through many changes. This time, it's Mexican. The back's been converted into a gorgeous, casual littler mexican food haven, with butcher paper "tablecloths" everyone is encouraged to doodle on. The food's superb.

Through Facebook we found out that, having repainted the front of Bodkins, the owner wanted artists to come on over and decorate the place up a little, we volunteered.

Yes. Yes. I can hear you all screaming "No. No you don't do it for free!".
And had we been working each on our own, I reckon we'd be screaming with you, but instead we took it as a group and simply enjoyed working with one another. We got down to business and cooperated, it was pretty beautiful, if I do I say myself. Illustration's a lonely business. Group work can be nightmarish, I know, but with such a common and clear theme, a look the Owner wanted, I feel we could pull through very personal preferences and interpretations.. Also we got a meal and drinks for free and we're coming back another night for food and cocktails. Ahem.
"They're students, they'll work for drink, right?"

It was a good experience for all of us, one to be remembered, and hopefully one which will open the door for us to work together even more.


It was a great pleasure to work with Megan, Joe and Kelly,
Go pooch - their work is well worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment